When you want your car to look its very best, it’s worth investing in auto detailing. Detailing goes above and beyond a regular car wash, in order to make your vehicle sparkling clean inside and out. Rather than sending your car through an automated car wash—which at least gets the job done—your car will be painstakingly cleaned by hand. It’s a great way to ensure your car’s value stays as high as possible, while allowing you to enjoy a perfectly clean vehicle.
Here’s everything you need to know about car detailing.
Interior vs. exterior detailing
Interior car detailing can get rid of allergens and bad odors, clean hazy windows and restore your vehicle’s interior. Your detailers will thoroughly vacuum the car, from the interior cabin to the trunk. Then they’ll brush and steam clean the carpets and mats, which will be dried before they’re replaced in the cabin. Next, they’ll clean the glass from the inside, and use special cleaners for all the leather parts. This removes built-up grime and leaves everything looking new again. Finally, they’ll re-vacuum the interior to get any remaining dirt, wipe down all the surfaces and deodorize the cabin.
Exterior detailing is a little simpler. First, they’ll wash the car with specialized, high-powered sprays that remove caked-on dirt and grime. Then they’ll handwash the entire vehicle. If there are any stubborn dirt spots left, your detailers will use a clay bar to remove them once and for all. Finally, they’ll polish the car to restore a glossy shine, and seal it with a sealant or wax.
Benefits of auto detailing
Here’s a closer look at some of the biggest benefits of making an investing in professional auto detailing:
- Improves vehicle appearance: The most obvious benefit of auto detailing is that it makes your car look great, inside and out. Get rid of dirt, dust, scratches and strange odors when you detail regularly.
- Can extend your car’s lifespan: Your vehicle may incur scratches, a buildup of contaminants and other problems that can reduce the interior’s and exterior’s lifespan. Detailing removes those issues before they can worsen.
- Helps maintain the paint: Even tiny scratches can ruin your paint over time, especially if it allows rust to form on the body. When you have your car detailed regularly, your paint will look great and last a lot longer.
- Allows your engine to run cooler: Regular detailing removes dust and dirt from your interior and exterior, which in turn helps your engine run cooler. That makes for a more efficient vehicle.
- Retains the resale value: Finally, getting your car detailed regularly will help it retain its resale value. This is especially important right before you sell the vehicle—your detailers will know exactly what to do to help boost your resale or trade-in price.
Detailing your car is a great way to keep it looking, running and even smelling great. Consider taking your car in once or twice per year to make sure it’s in top condition.
When you need auto detailing, Lentz Auto Body is here to help. Call us to set up an appointment today.
Categorised in: Auto Detailing
This post was written by Writer