Five Tips from a Local Auto Body Shop to Help Aging Drivers Avoid CollisionsDecember 23, 2020 2:02 am Leave your thoughts
Finding ways to help prevent collisions and keep you and your passengers safe while you are on the road is important for everyone who gets behind the wheel. However, for those who are aging and may be struggling with declining abilities, learning tips about the best ways to avoid collisions is imperative. Fortunately, your local auto body shop in Middletown, NJ is here with five tips for aging drivers that can help you avoid a dangerous collision the next time you are out on the road:
- Stay in shape: While you don’t need to be ready to run in your city’s next marathon, keeping yourself relatively fit so you can react quickly can help prevent scary collisions on the road. Exercising your brain is equally important, and will help to improve your reaction time so you are as safe as possible while driving.
- Routine tune-ups: Although routine service itself cannot prevent a car accident, keeping your car in top shape will be vital to ensuring you’re putting yourself in the best possible situation every time you get behind the wheel. While ensuring their car is both structurally and mechanically sound can help keep aging drivers safe on the road, waiting until a small issue becomes critical, on the other hand, could endanger this already vulnerable group even more.
- Take a driving course: Refresher courses can help you identify your weaknesses as a driver so you’ll be better aware of your limitations while on the road. Additionally, there may be changes or updates to the laws in your city that you need to know about, and some insurance companies will even offer you a discount for completing these types of courses.
- Plan ahead: Whether you are going to the grocery store or taking a short road trip, it’s always best to plan your trip ahead of time so you can avoid the disorientation and stress of getting lost in an unfamiliar area. It’s also best to drive during the day in fair weather, and to bring a passenger along whenever possible.
- Know your surroundings: Knowing your route well will also help you to be more aware of your surroundings, and this comfort level will play a key role in keeping aging drivers safe on the road. Even when you are in areas you’re familiar with, however, stay alert at all times, observe traffic signs and signals and always obey the rules of the road.
If you do ever find yourself in a car accident, your first step will be to seek medical attention if necessary. Making sure your car is fully repaired will be the next step to getting back on the road safely, and our team at Lentz Auto Body is ready to help with comprehensive collision repair services. When you need an experienced auto body shop in Middletown, NJ that will make getting your car back on the road quickly and safely a top priority, make sure you give us a call. We look forward to assisting you soon.
Categorised in: Auto Body Shop
This post was written by Writer