Rats, mice, squirrels, chipmunks and other pests can cause all sorts of problems around the house, but we often don’t consider them to be an issue for our vehicles. Unfortunately, pests can surprise you. Rodents and other pests can chew through wiring, create nests using upholstery and even cause illnesses with their droppings.
The good news is that with a little help, you’ll never have to worry about pests setting up shop in your car. Continue reading to learn how to get a rat out of your car in Middletown, NJ:
- Park in a garage: The best way to prevent rodents from bothering your car is to park it inside the garage, or at least in a carport. Leaving it outside makes it that much easier for rodents to sneak inside or crawl up into the engine. Parking in a covered area is especially important if you don’t drive your vehicle very often.
- Remove all food and garbage: Trash and food are two of the biggest draws for rodents and other pests. Getting rid of any food or trash is one of the best options for how to get a mouse out of your car in Middletown, NJ. Additionally, nobody wants to ride in a car that’s full of uneaten food and old trash anyway!
- Clean regularly: In addition to removing all food and garbage from your vehicle, make a habit of vacuuming the floor and cleaning the interior. Any tiny crumbs or food scraps on the floor will look like a buffet to hungry rodents. Make your vehicle less attractive by cleaning up messes.
- Keep trash cans far away: Rodents can count on finding a four-course meal in your trash cans, which is why they’re always rummaging through them. Help ensure rodents don’t try to enter your vehicle by parking it far away from where you keep your garbage.
What to do if you find evidence of pests
You could still wind up with rodents even if you follow our tips on how to get a mouse out of your car in Middletown, NJ. Here are the steps to take if you find any evidence of pests:
- Set traps: Just like inside your house, setting traps is one of the best ways to catch any rodents that set up shop in your car. Instead of cheese, use peanut butter as the bait on your mouse traps for the best results.
- Make your vehicle unattractive: For whatever reason, rodents and other pests hate the smell of cedar chips. Spreading cedar around the exterior of your car can make it a very unattractive option for pests. Peppermint oil, dryer sheets and cayenne pepper can have similar effects.
- Consult a professional: Our advice is to bring your vehicle to an auto repair shop if you find any evidence of pests. A mechanic can take a look at your vehicle to ensure the pests haven’t done any damage.
Bring your vehicle to Lentz Auto Body
If you’ve found evidence of pests, be sure to bring your car to our team at Lentz Auto Body. On top of knowing how to get a rat out of your car in Middletown, NJ, we can handle all of your auto repair needs. From touching up paint scratches to replacing damaged wires, we’d love to help. Reach out to learn more!
Categorised in: Auto Body Shop
This post was written by Writer