Auto accidents happen every day. They can happen to a family member, your neighbor or you—no one is off limits. Whether you’ve been involved in a minor fender bender or a more serious collision, the next step after exchanging information and making sure you aren’t hurt is to find an auto body shop for an inspection and repairs. Understandably, you still might be a bit flustered from the accident and frustrated that you don’t have access to your vehicle, but you should refrain from taking your car to the first shop you come across.
Here are six tips to keep in mind when looking for an auto shop for car body repair in Middletown, NJ:
- Choose a good repair shop: Take the time to make sure the auto body repair shop you want to use is reputable, experienced and has the right equipment for the exact repairs your car needs. Verify through the state or county that they possess the required certifications to work on accident-damaged cars. Also, check out the business’ website—it should be up to date, look professional and list all the services they offer.
- Read reviews and recommendations: It’s also a good plan to get recommendations from a few people you know and trust. Start by checking out the auto shops that come up the most, and ask why they recommend a specific shop. Next, go online and read reviews from past customers of the shop. Skip the ones with a bunch of negative reviews, and look more closely at the ones with lots of five-star reviews.
- Research auto repair costs: You shouldn’t take your car to an auto body repair shop without a rough idea of service costs. That way, you won’t be too surprised by the estimate. Sometimes a mechanic will post their price range online, or you can call ahead and take down average pricing for specific types of repairs. But all you need is a general idea, so a quick internet search of average local repair costs of repairs may suffice.
- Visit the auto body shop: Another thing you might consider doing is just visiting the shop. A quick visit to the shop can open your eyes to employee work ethic and professionalism. It’s also a chance to see beforehand if the shop is organized, clean and friendly.
- Get everything in writing: From repair estimates and possible other costs to timelines for service completion, it behooves you to have everything you discuss in writing. This way there should be no surprises down the road.
- Look into car rentals: Before dropping your car off at a repair shop and reserving a rental car, find out whether your auto insurance will cover the car rental. You don’t want to spend more money if you already pay for car rental as a part of your monthly auto insurance premium.
Lentz Auto Body is proud to be one of the best car repair shops in Middletown, NJ. Call us today for more information or to schedule an auto service appointment. Come to us and you’ll be back on the road in no time!
Categorised in: Auto Body Repairs
This post was written by Writer