Auto service and repair can be a real pain in the wallet. This makes sense, since car troubles are typically headache-inducing on their own. To help you feel less stressed, below are some tips to help you find a trustworthy auto body repair shop in Middletown, NJ:
- Do your research: If you do not currently have a go-to auto shop for all your vehicle checks and repair needs, the first thing you need to do is conduct some research. Start by searching for auto shops near you. Shorten your list of potential shops by reading reviews on customer review sites and comments from other clients. You can even jump on the Better Business Bureau’s website and check for reported complaints against these companies.
- Ask for recommendations: Asking for personal recommendations is a great route to take in your efforts to find the best auto body repair business for you. Either call friends and family to speak directly and/or take to social media for suggestions from the people you follow. Be sure to ask them what type of auto body service they took their vehicle in for, how they were treated on the phone and in person, how much the service cost, how the quality of the work turned out and any other questions you may have.
- Follow your intuition: Trusting your gut is the best thing you can do in many situations, and that includes finding a reputable auto body shop in Middletown, NJ. Don’t dismiss your intuition while doing research or when dropping by the shop for a meet and greet. And if people are telling you not-so-great things about a particular shop, you should steer clear and pursue another location.
- Visit several shops: Speaking of meet and greets, consider visiting several shops to get a feel for the work environment and how the employees treat customers. Also, if there are not many vehicles at the shop, that could mean people are actively avoiding the place because of poor quality work or lousy customer service. Don’t leave without first observing the office and shop’s condition. Is it cluttered, dirty or otherwise chaotic? This disorganization could foreshadow how they approach their auto body repair jobs as well.
- Get a few estimates: After doing your research and before choosing an auto shop to take your car to, make sure you seek out several estimates for the same work. Compare at least three or four estimates for the length of service time and the price of the actual repair work—both parts and labor. Take note if two estimates come back relatively similar and one estimate significantly higher or lower.
- Ask questions: You are the customer, so ask all the questions weighing on your mind. There are many things to consider when choosing between several auto body shops. Good questions to ask about before making a final decision include how long the shop has been in business, how long this type of repair will take, whether the shop is secure 24/7 and whether they specialize in a certain type of vehicle.
Lentz Auto Body is among the premier auto body repair shops in Middletown, NJ. Call us today to schedule an appointment!
This post was written by Writer