For the most part, automotive disasters strike at the worst time. Usually, if you need to arrange an automotive repair appointment, it’s not because of something that you’ve planned out ahead of time. Unfortunately, many unsavory car repair garages take advantage of this situation to overcharge, perform unnecessary work and upsell you during the repair process. If you’re in need of automotive repair, you may be wondering what steps you can take to make the process of fixing your car as smooth and transparent as possible.
Thankfully, there are several steps that you, as a consumer, can take prior to your next repair appointment to ensure that you’re receiving the services you need at a fair rate. It’s always important to work with a trustworthy, locally based team of automotive experts that you can count on when you find yourself in need of car repair.
While the best thing that you can do is establish a relationship with your local garage, here are some other steps you can take to get the most out of your auto body repair in Middletown, NJ:
- Get the estimate in writing: Whenever you receive a cost estimate, make sure that it’s in writing. Additionally, be sure to check that everything needed to actually repair your vehicle is listed on the estimate. Some estimates may not include essential fees, like environmental disposal charges.
- Get the old parts back: If you’re having a part on your vehicle replaced, be sure to ask for it back before they begin working on your vehicle. In case there’s a dispute following your service appointment, you can bring the allegedly faulty part to an independent mechanic for a separate evaluation.
- Examine the work order: Never sign a blank work order—be sure to review the work order carefully, and ensure that it doesn’t include any services you didn’t previously discuss with your mechanic. Some mechanics may use blank work orders as a so-called “blank check” to perform unnecessary services.
- Ask about the labor rate: You should have a firm understanding of the amount of time necessary to complete your car’s repairs; however, in case the repairs require more of the mechanics’ time than initially thought necessary, you should be fully aware of the labor rate the garage will charge you.
- Work with the right garage: Finally, you should be completely and totally comfortable with the garage that you’re working with. If you’re struggling to find a reputable, trustworthy garage, consult with your friends and family to learn more about local mechanics that might be able to meet your needs.
Since 1953, Lentz Auto Body has been a trusted source of auto body repair in Middletown, NJ. We’re proud to provide each and every one of our clients with robust services that meet their automotive needs. Contact one of our friendly representatives today to learn more about the ways that we can help you get the most out of your car, and to find out how you can take your investment in automotive repair even further.
Categorised in: Auto Body Repairs
This post was written by Writer