Now that winter is finally over, at least officially, it’s time to take care of some spring maintenance for your vehicle. The harsh conditions that your car endured during the winter months, including rain, snow and ice, may have taken a toll on many of your vehicle’s systems and components. Once the weather warms up, it’s the perfect time to get your car back into great shape so that you can get to where you’re going safely and reliably throughout the spring and summer. Whether you need collision repair in Middletown, NJ following an accident on a slick winter road or just haven’t had your car looked at in a while, here are some of the things we’ll cover:
- Tire check: Your tires are responsible for maintaining a grip on the road in spite of wet or icy weather, but rough road conditions can cause excessive wear on their tread. It’s essential that you check the depth of your tread on your own by using the penny test or by getting them inspected by a professional. If your tread is worn too low or your tires are showing other signs of damage, you should have them replaced as soon as possible.
- Fluid change: You should make sure all of your car’s fluids are at the appropriate levels after winter. Check everything from your oil to your transmission fluid, and change fluids as necessary. Keeping these fluids topped off will ensure that your car can operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Rust protection: Salted roads during the winter can promote the development of rust on your car’s undercarriage. Make sure you clean your vehicle thoroughly and keep an eye out for any signs of rust development.
- Climate control maintenance: You don’t want to wait until summer heat strikes before realizing that your air conditioner is out of commission. Test out your air conditioning system this spring to see whether it’s working the way it should. If it isn’t blowing cold air or there’s a problem with its operation, it’s a good idea to get it checked out by a mechanic.
- Visibility check: It’s essential that you can be able to see clearly when you’re out on the road, but headlights and windshields can often become foggy after the winter months. Spring is a good time to have your wiper blades replaced. It’s also a good time to have your windshield treated with a glass treatment product to promote water beading and increase visibility. You can purchase a cleaning kit for your headlights from an auto shop to remove the grimy film that can develop on them during the winter.
- Cleaning and scratch repair: You want to feel confident on the road this spring and summer, so don’t forget about cosmetic fixes for your car. Give your vehicle a thorough wash, and check for any dents or scratches you might have sustained during the winter. If you got into a fender-bender over the winter, locate a reliable provider of collision repair in Middletown, NJ to get your car looking its best again.
For seamless auto body repair and restoration, contact Lentz Auto Body today. We are an experienced provider of auto body and collision repair in Middletown, NJ. Get started with a free estimate by giving us a call or stopping by.
Categorised in: Collision Repair
This post was written by Writer