The winter season can be especially challenging for the cosmetic and mechanical aspects of passenger vehicles. Ensuring that your car is running smoothly and looking its best can be a difficult task during the colder seasons, especially in areas with icy roads and salty air, such as New Jersey! Protecting your car’s chassis and avoiding costly auto body painting in Middletown, NJ should be among your top priorities as fall turns to winter.
Even people who experience lighter winter conditions shouldn’t underestimate the toll that the colder weather takes on their vehicles. In addition to exacerbating concerns with any mechanical issues your vehicle may be suffering from, cold conditions can cause your paint to chip more easily, and salted roads often contribute to a more rapid decay of your car’s chassis. Preparing your car for wintry weather well in advance is always advisable.
Here are just a few steps that you can take to keep your car running smoothly and ensure that its paint is safe and sound:
- Pressure wash your car: The first thing you should do to winterize your auto body painting in Middletown, NJ is put your car through an extensive pressure wash. This will strip any undesirable contaminates, and keep your body from rusting.
- Apply polymer wax: Polymer wax forms a nearly impenetrable barrier between your vehicle and the outside world. Ensure that your auto painting in Middletown, NJ is safe and sound by applying a generous coating of polymer wax.
- Use a spray wax coating: Once the polymer wax is in place, you should consider returning to your car wash of choice to receive a spray wax coating. This will complement your polymer wax coat, and keep your car in good condition.
- Exercise caution while brushing: Whenever you find yourself brushing or scraping your windows free of ice and snow, you should always exercise a tremendous amount of caution. It can be easy to strip your car of its wax coatings while removing snow.
- Clean it off in the spring: You should always be sure to give your car a thorough washing as soon as the weather clears up. Don’t delay in removing any excess salt or road contaminants that have made their home on your chassis.
Exercising these helpful tips can help you maintain your vehicle’s auto body painting in Middletown, NJ. If your vehicle is already showing signs of paint degradation, however, you should consider visiting an auto body specialist as soon as possible. Exposed metal during the winter can easily rust and cause long-term damage to your car.
Since 1953, Lentz Auto Body has been the premier provider of auto painting in Middletown, NJ. You can count on our talented and knowledgeable teams to apply an aesthetically appealing, long-lasting coat of paint to your vehicle. We are here to help you keep your car running smoothly and looking its best, no matter the season. Consult with one of our highly qualified service professionals today to learn more about how we can help you make your car look as good as new.
This post was written by Writer