Waxing your car isn’t just a great way to keep it looking shiny and new—it has a number of practical benefits, as well. If you are unsure about your own ability to wax your car or simply do not want to put in the time, you can turn to our auto body shop in Middletown, NJ for all of your waxing and detailing needs. Our technicians are highly skilled and will have your vehicle looking brand new and glossy when finished.
Here are just a few of the main benefits of waxing your vehicle regularly:
- It protects your vehicle against scratches: At some point, just about every car is going to get scratched, dinged, dented or otherwise worn. Waxing cannot prevent the damage from occurring entirely, but it does do a better job of providing a barrier than most types of paints and primers. Clear coats of wax help to seal the coat, providing a shield against exhaust, ultraviolet light, dirt, sand, grit, bird droppings, tree sap and many other types of contaminants and irritants that could wear away at your vehicle.
- It protects your vehicle’s paint job: Whenever you wash a car that has not been waxed, the dirt covering your vehicle can scrape against the paint and degrade the surface. The wax works to create a shield between the paint and everything else, which is another way it keeps your vehicle looking great for a longer period of time.
- It helps you to save money: By virtue of protecting against paint damage, scratches, scrapes, dents and dings, a great wax job will help to save you a great deal of money that you would be spending on potential repairs. Rather than forking out the money needed to pay for these costs, spend much less on a good wax job that has numerous benefits for your vehicle.
- It encourages you to become a better driver: If you’ve ever had your vehicle waxed before, you know just how careful you are while out on the road and while parking on the street or in parking lots to make sure you do not hit anything. It’s almost as though wax jobs make us better, more cautious and more alert drivers! Now, imagine if you had a freshly waxed vehicle all the time that you were driving around. It’s reasonable to think you are going to be more likely to take care of your vehicle and drive safely when you have more reason to be cautious.
- It’s a simple process: Even if you want to wax your car yourself, it has become simpler than ever thanks to modern formulations. It doesn’t take a whole afternoon any more. With modern technology, you can apply a high-quality coat of wax quite quickly. Depending on how you use your car, you might only have to do so two to four times per year.
Lentz Auto Body is happy to answer questions about vehicle waxing. For more information about waxing your vehicle, contact our auto body shop in Middletown, NJ today.
This post was written by admin